May 8, 2020
As we wrap up May melanoma awareness month, we thought it would be beneficial to stress the importance of properly protecting your skin as the temperatures rise. While typically associated with adults, this relentless form of cancer can affect people of all age groups. It’s something that should be taken seriously among anyone who spends significant time in the sun, especially those accustomed to tanning, extensive outdoor activities, or those with a family history of melanoma. The initial signs can be tricky to diagnose, and should always be evaluated by a skilled dermatologist if you have any suspicions.
At Helendale Dermatology and Medical Spa, we specialize in the treatment and prevention of melanoma through a wide array of medical procedures and specialty products. Here are just a few of the reasons to get in touch for more information or any unique skin discolorations that have you concerned.
- One of the most trusted dermatology centers in Rochester and WNY
- Expert staff of skin cancer experts to help you better understand the signs
- A comprehensive range of treatment options and skin protection products
- We utilize the most advanced technology to provide accurate, lasting results
- All consultations are held in complete confidence for your peace of mind
- Vast selection of the industry’s most sough-after premium skincare products
Melanoma, as well as the early signs and symptoms, are nothing to be taken lightly. They can include everything from simple discoloration and seemingly benign moles, to more advanced skin problems that intensify quickly or over time. For more detailed information on what to look for, or to speak with a member of our Rochester NY dermatology staff, get in touch with Helendale Dermatology and Medical Spa today.