January 2, 2023
Anyone who cherishes the health and appearance of their skin knows all too well how brutal the winter months can be. The frigid air and utter absence of humidity can quickly dry out even the healthiest skin, resulting in flaking, itching, redness, and a general lack of elasticity. Fortunately, science has helped us understand more about skin than at any other time in history, and there are numerous ways to prevent it from drying out when the temperatures begin to plummet.
At Helendale Dermatology and Medical Spa in Rochester, we understand how frustrating and uncomfortable it can be trying to counter the effects of dry winter skin. If you’ve found yourself in this same position, rest assured that there are plenty of ways to help restore moisture and maintain epidermal health, while preventing your skin from becoming overly dry.
- Get in the habit of applying a quality moisturizer immediately after bathing
- Use a humidifier or diffuser to prevent excessively dry interior living spaces
- Sunscreen isn’t just for summer, and should be applied when you’re outdoors
- Avoid taking excessively hot showers and baths during the winter months
- If you regularly exfoliate, choose a gentle scrub that’s free of harsh chemicals
- Consider foods and supplements that are shown to help promote healthy skin
If you’re like so many others in the Western NY area who struggle each winter with dry skin, there’s no reason to let it stress you out. There are plenty of ways to protect your skin while maintaining the moisture and radiance that we all take for granted when the weather’s more favorable. To learn more about choosing the best winter skin care products for your unique skin type, as well as cosmetic treatments for more serious concerns, get in touch with the Helendale staff and we’ll be delighted to assist.
Helendale Dermatology and Medical Spa is conveniently located at 500 Helendale Road in Rochester, NY and can be reached by phone during regular hours by calling 585-266-5420.You can also reach our staff confidentially via email by visiting website’s secured contact page.