September 21, 2021
Seasonal changes can be especially challenging on all skin types, so it’s important to take the proper measures to ensure that your skin stays healthy and protected. Changes in temperature, humidity and a wide range of other factors can leave skin feeling dry and dull, especially for those with sensitive skin types. If you have oily or combination skin, it’s equally important to hydrate while making sure that you’re not using products that might clog pores or promote breakouts.
At Helendale Dermatology and Medical Spa in Rochester, our goal is to help you achieve and maintain skin that’s healthy, glowing and vibrant. Here are a few simple tips for protecting your skin as we transition from Fall to Winter.
- Start the night before by cleansing your face and removing all makeup
- Wash your face in the morning to better utilize moisturizers and care products
- Use a quality moisturizer for dry skin, or a hydrating lotion for normal/combination skin
- A cleansing wipe or quality toner is a great option first thing in the morning
- Choose a moisturizer with high SPF to lock in moisture and block harmful UVA rays
- Before applying makeup, apply an all-in-one tinted moisturizer, BB or CC cream
By following just a few simple steps and selecting the skin care products that best address your unique physiology, it’s easy to protect your skin while projecting a look that’s truly stunning. For more information on how to develop the perfect evening or morning skin care routine, or to explore some of the industry’s best moisturizers, hydrating serums and hypoallergenic makeup, get in touch with Helendale today or visit our Rochester, NY medical spa.
Helendale Dermatology and Medical Spa is located at 500 Helendale Road in Rochester and proudly serves the greater WNY region. To speak with our staff give us a call at 585-266-5420 or write to us through our contact page.