January 17, 2022
While it’s important to take proactive skin care measures throughout the year, the dry, frigid air of winter can be especially hard on even the healthiest skin. And this applies not only to those who spend a great deal of time outdoors, as dry homes and offices are equally notorious for robbing skin of the natural moisture and oils that help keep it fluid and supple. Fortunately, taking care of your skin during the winter months is easier than most people think. With a little know-how and the right products, there’s no reason why you can’t keep glowing all winter long.
At Helendale Dermatology and Medical Spa in Rochester, we’re committed to helping those we serve enjoy healthy, radiant skin regardless of what Mother Nature decides to send our way. Here are a few things you can do right now to protect your skin when the temperature drops.
- Moisturize daily and frequently with a high-quality moisturizer formula
- Consider switching to a moisturizing cleanser when it’s excessively cold
- Sunscreen is important all year, be sure to protect yourself when you’re out
- Avoid taking excessively hot showers or baths, as they can dry out your skin
- Drink plenty of clean, fresh water throughout the day to hydrate internally
- Is your home dry? Running a humidifier or essential oil diffuser can help!
Another thing worth mentioning, especially for those with problem-prone skin such as acne, psoriasis, eczema, rosacea and other conditions, is to be mindful of the chemicals in your current products. Many can do more harm than good, so consider using natural products such as many of those offered here at Helendale Dermatology. For additional information or to schedule an appointment, get in touch with our staff and we’ll be delighted to help.
Helendale Dermatology and Medical Spa is located at 500 Helendale Road in Rochester and proudly serves the greater WNY region. To speak with a member of our staff give us a call at 585-266-5420 or write to us via email through our contact page.