March 23, 2022
With April being Rosacea Awareness Month, we at Helendale Dermatology are teaming up with the National Rosacea Society to spread both awareness and information on this common facial condition. It’s been estimated that over 16 million Americans are impacted by Rosacea, with symptoms ranging from redness and flushing of the cheeks, chin, nose and forehead, to bumps, clusters of pimples, nose enlargement, eye irritation and others. Interestingly, the symptoms as well as their severity, vary greatly from person to person.
While Rosacea can affect people of all ages, it’s most common among adults over the age of 30. Also, it tends to affect women more than it does men, especially those with fair skin who flush easily. When compared to many other common skin problems, Rosacea can often be treated effectively by a Dermatologist who understands how to address it. Here are just a few of the most popular Rosacea treatment options.
- Oral medication taken for a short period of time to help reduce the symptoms
- Topical antibiotics or anti-inflammatories to help with redness and inflammation
- Safe, effective laser treatments to correct redness from damaged blood vessels
- A Rosacea peel from Helendale to help lessen intermittent or permanent redness
- Natural skincare products developed especially to help with Rosacea conditions
- A wide range of nutrients and supplements to help nourish and protect the skin
If you’re in the Rochester, NY area and concerned that your skin condition might be Rosacea, Helendale Dermatology invites you to get in touch with our staff. We can answer many questions over the phone, or assist you in scheduling an appointment with Dr. Elizabeth Arthur. For more detailed information on Rosacea, its causes, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options, visit the link provided for complete and up-to-date resources.
Helendale Dermatology and Medical Spa is located at 500 Helendale Rd in Rochester and open from Monday to Friday. We can be reached by phone at 585-266-5420 or via email by visiting the contact page on our secured website.