August 1, 2021
While hair loss is traditionally associated with men, an estimated 30 million women are also affected by hair loss, or alopecia. With August being National Hair Loss Awareness month, we at Helendale wanted to point out some of the facts about hair loss, while shedding light on how to prevent further loss and protect the hair you have. What many don’t know, is that by the time a person notices hair loss and thinning hair, they’ve already lost about 50% of their healthy hair follicles. Taking immediate action is a smart way to help restore and protect healthy hair as you age.
At Helendale Dermatology, we believe strongly in the safety, potential and effectiveness of PRP (or platelet-rich plasma) treatments. This safe, innovative process utilizes the patient’s own platelet-rich plasma, a natural source of growth factors that stimulates hair follicle growth for hair that’s thicker, stronger and healthier. Here are just a few of the treatment’s many benefits.
- A safe, non-surgical hair restoration treatment that offers proven results
- PRP treatments are suitable for women and younger men with new hair loss
- A simple procedure that takes approximately one hour from start to finish
- No major side effects or downtime, aside from some minor redness or irritation
- PRP can be applied topically or injected, to utilize the body’s own natural plasma
- Only one follow-up visit is needed to examine follicle health and retreat if necessary
Dealing with hair loss and thinning hair may seem like the end of the world for many, though we can assure you that it’s not. Today’s hair loss treatments are safer and more effective than ever, and the experts at Helendale Dermatology will be happy to review them with you in detail when you’re ready. To learn more about PRP or any of the other innovative hair loss treatments we offer, get in touch with our staff to schedule an appointment or get answers to your questions.
Helendale Dermatology can be reached by phone at 585-266-5420 any time during our regular clinic hours, or write to us via email by filling out the short contact form on our website.