A medical peel is a skin-resurfacing treatment to remove dead skin cells, uncovering a “new” layer of skin that appears smoother and more vibrant. A medical facial peel plumps & softens fine lines, minimizes superficial “age” spots and other skin discolorations, and generally improves the tone and texture of your skin.
This type of skin treatment is also very popular for diminishing the appearance of acne scars. We recommend a series of treatments for optimal results. To increase effectiveness, these peels are combined with products and other skin-rejuvenating treatments, such as microdermabrasion.
What to Expect with this Skin Treatment
First, your skin will be cleansed and degreased. Then the treatment will be applied. As soon as the peel has reached the intended depth, a neutralizing solution will be applied. You’ll experience a slight stinging, warm sensation during the 2 to 3 minutes the solution remains on your skin.
Depending on the strength of peel, you may experience some skin irritation, redness, and minor swelling. Within a few days, your skin will tighten and darken, then begin to peel for the next 4 to 7 days internally or externally – at which point the tighter, smoother, and more youthful-looking layer of skin will emerge. Keep in mind that not all peels will peel. This doesn’t mean that nothing has happened; sometimes the amount of peeling depends on products and procedures that the patient has previously experienced, as well as the type of peel being used.
Protect Your Skin
Because your skin’s newly formed layer will be temporarily more susceptible to sunburn, you’ll need to protect it with an effective sunblock for several weeks.
A hand peel allows you to experience brighter, smoother, younger looking hands. A hand peel:
- Reduces the appearance of dark spots, fine lines, small scars, and coarse wrinkles
- Gives immediate brightening effect
- Improves skin texture and tone
Both peels are medical and effective treatments that will transform the appearance of your skin with a series of treatments 4 to 6 week apart.
This skin treatment is known to:
- Lighten unwanted pigmentation and even out skin tone
- Brighten your skin
- Smooth out rough skin
- Lighten acne blemishes and prevent future outbreaks
- Diminish fine lines and wrinkles
- Increase collagen and elastin
Patients MUST Avoid skin treatment and products 5 days prior to:
- Electrolysis, waxing, depilatory creams, laser hair removal, BOTOX, fillers, and microdermabrasion
- Retin A, Renova, Differin (Adapalene 0.1%), Tazorac
- All products containing Retinol, AHA, BHA, Salicylic, and Benzoyl Peroxide
- All exfoliating products that may be dry or irritating
- Clarisonic & dermal rollers
If you have any questions about medical peels, feel free to call 585.266.5420 and we’d be happy to help! You can also request an appointment. We look forward to meeting with you!